Helping pet parents get a healthy and happy puppy.
Puppy essentials Workshop Overview.
The Pupdom Puppy Essentials Workshop is a comprehensive guide for pet parents looking to get a healthy and happy puppy home. The workshop covers everything from selecting a healthy puppy to sharing insights on your puppy’s health, nutrition, canine behaviour and overall well-being to lead a happy and healthy life.
Topics are covered in the Pupdom Puppy essentials workshop?
- Dog breeds and suitability to geographical climate.
- Puppy’s suitability to pet parents’ lifestyle.
- Tips to find ethical breeders and reputable puppy adoption centres.
- Puppy’s vital health and medical markers.
- Helping your puppy settle down.
- Correct ways of Puppy training, nutrition and well-being.
- Choosing the right Puppy accessories and toys.
Dog breeds and suitability to geographical climate.
We cover the following aspects in this section:
- Geography specific: Knowing canine breeds that are genetically suited for cold weather (Siberian Huskies, Tibetan Mastiffs) and tropical weather (labradors, retrievers etc).
- Urban areas & rural areas: Puppy breeds that are relatively low-maintenance and adaptable to different environments, in urban areas while larger breeds needing more space for farmhouses or areas with larger living space.
- Family dogs: Breeds that are known for being good with children, such as Golden Retrievers and Labrador Retrievers are best for small families.
- Activity level: The activity level in a breed is also used as a factor to determine if they are suitable for your home and family.
- Genetic disposition: Breeds with brachycephalic -short-nosed) faces, such as Pugs and Bulldogs), are also not well-suited to hot climates, as they are more prone to heatstroke.
Puppy suitability to pet parents’ lifestyle.
We cover the following topics under puppy suitability:
- Lifestyle factors: When choosing a puppy, how to factor in your physical energy levels, work and time commitments.
- Living space: Understanding the breed-specific need for space and comparisons of different spaces for specific breeds.
- Family members: Consider the ages and personalities of your family members when choosing a puppy.
- Lifestyle changes: The changes that would be needed in your lifestyle to accommodate the new puppy.
By taking the time to consider your lifestyle and family members, you can choose a puppy that is a good fit for you and your home.
Tips to find ethical breeders and reputable puppy adoption centres.
- Research: Provide you insights into puppy breeds and their characteristics that are popular in India,
- Referrals.Preparing a list of pet experts in your area to source ethical and responsible breeders and adoption centres.
- Questions: List of questions to ask the breeder/adoption centre based on the puppy parent’s history and medical records.
- Physical inspection: Features (Puppies holding area, sanitation levels, breeders knowledge etc) to watch out for during a physical inspection.
- Selection: Tips on physically checking the health and psychological disposition of the puppy.
Puppy’s vital health and medical markers.
- Basic Anatomy: Basics of puppy anatomy and vital health markers (eyes, ears, nose, teeth, skin and coat) to determine the health of your puppy.
- Skin & coat: Knowing the skin and coat condition of your puppy
- Puppy health timelines: Creating a Check-list of vital vaccines and health markers, for your puppy.
- Sleep patterns: Understanding sleep patterns in your puppy and the number of hours of sleep required.
- Puppy gut health: Knowing the basics of gut health, and the importance of health indicators in urine or stool examination of your puppy. – .
- Pet health courses: Making pet parents aware of basic courses they could take to help them check vital parameters(CPR, first aid) in health and nutrition.
Helping your puppy settle down.
- Safe and comfortable space: How to provide your puppy with designated ‘safe’ areas to ensure their comfort and not use outdated techniques like ‘crating’.
- Establishing routine: Understanding how to create a timetable around your puppy’s routine, and maintaining a lot of feeding, play and sleep timings.
- Socialisation: Step-by-step gradual introduction of your puppy to spaces, different sets of people, other pets-animals and different environments. Importance of playtime and rest, right quantity in both cases.
- Pet expert help: Help modern pet parents prepare a; list of puppy experts for different needs – Health (Veterinary hospitals and clinics, nutritionists, ancillary services pet ambulance, insurance etc) Behaviour (trainers, behaviour schools etc) and well-being (pet groomers, pet taxi service etc)
Correct ways of Puppy training, nutrition and well-being.
- Puppy training & behaviour: Understanding different training and behaviour techniques, advantages & disadvantages and what suits your puppy best in the long term.
- Puppy nutrition: Understanding your puppy’s natural dietary body functions. Knowing the basics of nutrition needs as per your puppy’s breed and size and a list of healthy treats and harmful foods for your puppy.
- Puppy well-being: Provides a list of activities that you could do for your pet’s well-being similarly a list of places and activities to avoid. Also, a list of essential puppy services (pet registration, puppy grooming, nutritionists) and other well-being experts that you could use.
Choosing the right Puppy accessories and toys.
- Essential equipment: Create an itemised list of essential and the right kind of equipment (food & water bowls, collars, leashes etc) for your puppy’s needs.
- Grooming & hygiene equipment: Knowing the right grooming equipment and how to use them.
- Enrichment toys – Getting a list of toys and accessories that are healthy and safe for your puppy to use.
Frequently asked questions
Could you share details about the workshop?
- Current workshop dates: 29th October, 2023
- Duration: 4 hours
- Sunday:10am to 12 pm Indian Standard Timing
- Monday: 7 pm to 9 pm Indian Standard Timing
- Mode of workshop – Online – Zoom
- Currrent pricing: Rs 499/-
Who is the ‘Pupdom Puppy Essentials’ workshop aimed at?
The Pupdom Puppy Essentials workshop is aimed at
- First time pet parents & experienced pet parents
- Canine enthusiasts and rescue & stray dog feeders
- Canine care & NGO volunteers.
Why should I do the ‘puppy essentials’ workshop from your organisation?
You should do the workshop for the following reasons:
Experience: Our program is tailor-made by pet-care professionals with more than two decades of experience between them.
360 view: The workshop gives you one-of-a-kind expertise on all things related to puppy growth and well-being.
Pricing: It is a steal at just Rs 299/- per participant – and yes you can have more than one person joining in from your link- provided you are all in the same
Why should pet parents who have had pets for many years do this workshop?
Qualitative and current information: Experienced pet parents benefit from our qualitative and current research on puppies health that negate outdated health and puppy-care methods. They can then make an informed choice about getting home a healthy puppy.
How can we get in touch with you?
Whatsapp chat: +99 9326364829 email: firstname.lastname@example.org